Buying a home from Merko is easy
The information on the project website and our helpful sales managers will advise you if you have any questions. They will agree on the details of the purchase transaction with you, mediate communication with the construction team, prepare the documents, schedule your visit to inspect the apartment and book an appointment with a notary for signing the contract.
Steps to a new home
- Choose the place you like best from the Merko website, check out the surroundings, the building and the apartments on the project website, read the construction information and descriptions of interior design packages.
- Once you have found a suitable apartment, send a booking application via the project website. The sales manager will contact you to confirm the booking. Please note: An apartment can be booked for up to three weeks, booking is free of charge.
- If the interior is unfinished, you can choose an interior design package and the sales manager will prepare a notarial sales contract with appendices based on the information received from you. Please note: If you are financing your purchase with a bank loan, now is the last moment to contact the bank.
- When purchasing an apartment under construction, a notarial contract of sale is signed under the law of obligations, upon which you are required to pay 15% of the purchase price.
- When the apartment is ready, a notarial contract of sale is signed under the law of property, on the basis of which you become the owner of the apartment. Before signing the contract, you can inspect the apartment, the solutions and equipment in the apartment will be presented and you can inspect the work to make sure that everything is as you agreed. Please note: Before signing the contract, the price of the apartment must be paid into the bank account of Merko Ehitus Eesti or the deposit account of the notary attesting the transaction. If the purchase is financed by a bank, a representative of the bank will also be present when the contract is signed.
- After signing the notarial contract under the law of property, your new home will be handed over to you: you will receive a key set, maintenance and operating instructions, and the utility readings will be recorded. Then all you have to do is move in and enjoy your new home!
- We will still be there for you! We hope you enjoy your new home! We look forward to your feedback and will be happy to assist you if you have any questions or concerns that can be addressed under the warranty.